Baby Boomer Women Find Home
in Association Just for Them
by Dotsie Bregel
What did I want to be when I grew up?
I was asking myself the same question at 43 that my children were asking themselves as teenagers.
I realized that I was slowly losing my job as caregiver.
I have always poured myself into my family. I truly felt needed. As my children reached their teens and became more independent they were less reliant on me for every little thing. I was always doing something by volunteering at church or with other groups at school and in the community.
I took my time and did a lot of research. After much prayer and contemplation I chose to give my generation of women a voice and created Boomer Women Speak (www.boomerwomenspeak.com) and founded the National Association of Baby Boomer Women (www.nabbw.org). The Boomer Women Speak (BWS) Web site encourages, connects, and supports baby boomer women through a variety of resources and forums that are a virtual Girls Night or Day Out. The National Association of Baby Boomer Women (NABBW) is the only association devoted to educating, empowering, and addressing issues concerning women at midlife. I could now take my relationship, care giving, and networking skills and use them to create a business.
Baby Boomer Women Find Home in Association Just for Them
The National Association of Baby Boomer Women (NABBW) is the only association dedicated to helping 38 million women live fully, richly, and passionately through midlife and beyond. The NABBW is a virtual village where a wealth of creative, enthusiastic, and energetic women encourage and support each other to live fulfilling lives.
NABBW Members enjoy:
• Connecting with other boomer women. NABBW members continuously reach out to each other for everything from how to start your own business to how to start dating again. Catch the infectious energy and spirit.
• Receiving free professional advice. Financial and legal experts are available to NABBW members, as well as life coaches, and all one needs to remove the obstacles preventing you from getting what you want.
• Joining a tele-conference. Tele-conferences address the whole woman and the multiple challenges boomer women face, including how to figure out what you want to do when you grow up, understanding the boomer man in your life, and cosmetic surgery options.
• Buying goods and services at a discount. Everybody loves a good bargain. NABBW has compiled an array of products and services for you to browse and purchase.
• Staying informed. Learn from experts on aging, women's health, empty nest, caring for aging parents, living in the moment, domestic violence, traveling, retirement, and so much more.
• Growing your business. Network with other professionals to share successes, skills, and trade secrets; take advantage of advertising opportunities; and market to a prime audience of baby boomer women.
NABBW opens a door that just may change your life’s course. NABBW takes pleasure in enlightening, educating and empowering baby boomer women. For more information visit www.nabbw.com.
Dotsie Bregel is the Founder of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com, and Boomer Women Speak, www.boomerwomenspeak.com, the number one sites on major search engines for “baby boomer women.” She enjoys educating and empowering baby boomer women.
JUST FOR BABY BOOMERS: Share your experiences, remembrances and opinions about "Baby Boomer Women Find Home in Association Just for Them" with other Baby Boomers on our "Baby Boomer Forum"