Will Baby Boomers have Access to Quality and Affordable Health Care in Retirement?
The nation's largest nonpartisan health advocacy groups are joining together to make sure that Barack Obama addresses the critical issue of all Americans having access to quality, affordable health care.
Too many Baby Boomers lack insurance or have health plans that fall short in times of need, leaving them at risk of financial collapse if they are diagnosed with a life-threatening disease.
AARP, the Alzheimer's Association, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association will urge Barack Obama and other politicians to make the Healthcare Crisis in America a major part of their immediate efforts.
Together, Baby Boomers represent millions of people across the country who want quality health care, and want it now. Our members will ask all candidates to share their vision with voters on what they will do to ensure that we get the care they need anytime, anywhere, without going through endless red tape. Together, Baby Boomers will work to help everyone across the nation answer "yes" to the question, "Are you covered?"
The fundamental goals of our campaign are:
1. Quality health care for all
All Americans deserve effective prevention, treatment and care;
2. Health care that's affordable
Getting the health care we need should not bankrupt individuals, families, businesses or society;
3. Health care without the "red tape"
All Americans deserve a health care system that provides clear, up-front explanations of costs and benefits, provides the best value for their dollar, and eliminates unnecessary paperwork;
4. Health care when and where people need it
All Americans, regardless of their health, deserve adequate coverage that gives them the best available treatment and care in appropriate settings through all life stages and levels of disability.
How can Baby Boomers help?
- Get the facts. Read some shocking statistics about health care in America.
- Download the "Are You Covered?" palm card. Print and distribute to your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors... anyone who is affected by this issue. And ask the presidential candidates where they stand on providing quality, affordable health care for all Americans.
- Volunteer with the campaign by calling 1-888-650-8954.